Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DBA and Middleware Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R116707
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
Experience Level:Experienced Professionals
What’s The Role?
- The Database Administrator (DBA) & and Middleware Engineer is the last port of call for all things database related. Your primary role is to ensure that the organization’s databases are operated in a secure, reliable, efficient & cost-effective manner.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Monitor the performance, integrity & security of existing databases in the organization
- Involved in the planning, modeling, design, development, and deployment of new databases
- Troubleshoot & Fix database issues in line with ITIL Service Management principles (using Service Now)
- Ensure databases are regularly patched & upgraded to approved TOE (Target Operating Environment)
- Ensure database access permissions and privileges are controlled (in line with least privilege principles)
- Support delivery of projects while ensuring supportability is addressed before Go-Live
- Assist application developers in designing normalized & optimized databases
- Ensure compliance of all databases to all audit controls and change policies
- Carry out periodic capacity planning to ensure optimal performance
What We Need From You?
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or any of the Physical Sciences.
- At least 10 years DBA experience administering ORACLE and Microsoft
- Analytical thinking and the ability to work in a team are great assets in this role. Furthermore, you will need:
- SQL*Server databases and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of administering the latest versions of ORACLE and Microsoft SQL*Server databases.
- Knowledge of using Management Studio (or equivalent IDE)
- Knowledge on the principles of good database design (for Transactional and Analytical systems)
- Skilled at Database High Availability & Disaster Recovery configurations
- General knowledge of System Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning
- Working knowledge of Linux/Windows scripting
- Awareness of ITIL v3/v4 Foundation as a minimum
- Awareness of information legislation, such as Data Privacy, etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online