Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mech Engineer (Static Equipment)
Job Requisition ID: R115833
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Discipline Engineering
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level:Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role?
- Function as Senior mechanical Static Equipment Engineer as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects and assets reporting to SWO Engineering Lead.
- Support the activities of other mechanical engineers providing static equipment and piping engineering specialist expertise in assigned projects.
- Coordinate the completion of mechanical engineering scopes in shallow Water Offshore (SWO) projects.
- Provide support to Mechanical Discipline Lead in managing the health of the mechanical engineering team members.
- Participatory review and revision of engineering standards and procedures.
- Identify new technology for use in the mechanical static equipment engineering discipline, working with IT support team and mechanical discipline lead.
- Contributory participation in mechanical engineering discipline networks globally.
- Support technical development and coaching in mechanical engineering discipline.
- Participate in assigned project audits and reviews, and ensure application of appropriate technical HSE in the design.
- Provides support in competency assessment of MMI-MS SGP and SATP engineers, Industrial Trainees and Interns.
- Provide support to the Regional Mechanical Discipline Lead to establish a qualitative delivery capacity for mechanical engineering scopes in projects.
- Apply minimum technical specification and system engineering initiatives for project specifications and contractors’ activities on static equipment engineering.
- Verification of the design works carried out by engineering contractors to ensure proposed solutions meet integrity, reliability, operability and maintainability requirements when required.
- Provide support during the fabrication, testing, installation and commissioning of static equipment, and conduct shop and field acceptance testing.
- Participate in the development of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up plans for static equipment.
- Support asset teams to troubleshoot static equipment performance issues, proffer solutions and conduct field performance tests.
- Work with a diverse range of static equipment vendors to optimise equipment design through the application of best practices.
What We Need From You?
- Appropriate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- 5 – 8 years experience in engineering practice. Most of this period must have been spent in the oil & gas/petrochemical industry.
- Chartered engineer or already in process.
- A certified TA3 in MMI-MS skill set or already pre-assessed as capable is preferred.
- Strong leadership, team building and inter-personal skills and good communication skills (i.e. report writing, fluent in English negotiating and presentation).
- Possess commercial acumen.
- Possess knowledge of static equipment design covering design of HVAC systems, Heat Exchangers, Tanks and Pressure vessels etc. for oil and gas installations.
- Possess capability to interpret Plant Design 2D Autocad and 3D PDMS models.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of ASME, ASHRAE and European and ISO design standards for pressure vessels, Heat exchangers and HVAC application in oil and gas operation.
- Ability to prepare design, procurement, construction, (pre) commissioning and hand-over specification packages for static equipment.
- Capable of interpreting results from plant availability modelling tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online